Pages

Saturday 1 April 2023

Lunch with Jackdaw



Picture of Jackdaw in Yorkshire. This is a small, black crow with a distinctive silvery sheen to the back of its head. The pale eyes are also noticeable. The jackdaw call is a familiar hard 'tchack' from which it gets its name. It will commonly nest in chimneys, buildings, rock crevices and tree holes.

I was eating a bacon butty and enjoying a coffee in the sunshine a day or so back when I noticed a Jackdaw nearby. I tempted this beautiful bird down with a small share of my lunch and I was more then happy to spare it. I have taken a small break from the blog mostly due my recently terrible connection and I was busy with something else but now I am back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...