Pages

Monday 10 July 2023

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds



Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds.

Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are not normal times. Our high street shops are under pressure unlike any time before. Over the last few years shops that were household names have folded and gone.

Nearly two years ago I featured the old branch of Topshop that was here when UK Uncut were protesting there. Since that time nothing has changed except I think that perhaps more people have come to realise that with the revelations about Starbucks ethics and tax, we really are not all in it together as our prime minister David Cameron has stated.

I missed Sir Phillip Green when he came to Leeds and was at his new Topshop store here on Briggate. Pity else I could have got a quote from him about his and the companies tax affairs. I took the above Leeds photograph on Briggate early yesterday evening.

I did not realize topshop had gone, Topshop stores across the country closed last year when its parent company, the Arcadia Group, collapsed......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...