Pages

Sunday 14 May 2023

Post Office St John's Shopping Centre - Leeds



I went into the Post Office in the St John's shopping centre in Leeds the other day to buy a few stamps. I soon changed my mind, I really do not mind queuing, but this was silly. So I took a photograph or two instead.

Here in the UK over the last couple of years the Post Office has done quite a bit of rationalisation and closed lots of branches. This has led to long queues at many Post Offices including as you can see the one shown above. Here they have introduced a ticketing system to cope with the numbers of people coming through the doors. The central Post Office I used to go to in city square has closed and is now a restaurant which is great if you want to eat but no good if you want to mail something.

LoisMarch 11, 2009 at 4:50 PM I would have changed my mind about waiting in that line too! I hate it. Our post office is getting almost as bad as yours.

Reply

KatieMarch 11, 2009 at 10:46 PM At least with this system you can sit yourself down or be addressing envelopes etc while you wait. Also the self service machines are ok to use. What I hate is the post office by the market... always full of drunks and druggies queuing up to collect their Grio money. I avoid it at all costs!

Reply

~CherylMarch 12, 2009 at 12:15 AM That reminds me....I need to go to the post office! Oh, dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...