Pages

Saturday 27 May 2023

Fly Fishing on the River Aire - Yorkshire



This scene of a fisherman fly fishing on the river Aire here in Yorkshire is one that I never thought I would see and photograph less than a mile from my home.

I was walking along the riverbank looking to see if I could see the police divers in action on this stretch of the river Aire. The police here had spent a couple of days in and on the river nearby looking for remains or evidence. It was not a morbid thing me being there, my friend who is an editorial photographer was somewhere along this part of the river photographing the divers at work. So I thought I would stroll along and see if he was around.

I had never walked along this bit of the river bank, which is odd because I walk quite a bit. I had always thought that anyone fly fishing on the river Aire would be some miles further upstream. The above photo is slightly misleading because the rocks and grass on his left are a small island and not the bank of the river.

I saw a heron stood in the river Aire, a few hundred yards from this spot, but he was on the other side and my 70-200 lens is not really big enough for that. Also as I got nearer to the heron it flew off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...