Pages

Sunday 2 April 2023

Buskers - Leeds, Yorkshire



I was walking through Leeds city centre when I spotted the people shown in the photo above walking with musical instrument cases. Thinking there might be a photo opportunity I follwed them for a short while till they decided they had found a suitable place to set up on Commercial street, Leeds.

These buskers are 3/5's of a local band called The Monkeywrenchers, from the left the are Medway Emmy Jane - vocals, mandolin, occasional harp and whistle, Snaggle Tooth Tim - vocals, guitar and last but not least Mademoiselle Brigitte DuBois - fiddle and band Southern Belle.

I am the worlds worst guitarist but I know what I like, I listened to them for several songs and they can play, I would like to see the full band in action.

You can listen to the band and find more info about them including upcoming gigs on The Monkeywrenchers myspace page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...