Pages

Tuesday 14 March 2023

Whoops



In this I suspect I am not alone, my photography is a journey. Sometimes something works and sometimes like the above picture, it cleary does not.

This is my old Olympus camera in action, its rather dated but I like it because with 3 lenses in my bag including a macro its pretty light for those days when I just like to carry it around wherever I may be. One of the snags with this older Olympus rather than my heavier Canon gear, is that the lens hood can show up in the picture.

Recently down by the canal I dropped the lens hood and it rolled away across the towpath and bounced into the canal, whoops. But its OK I thought its light plastic it will float and so it did for perhaps 2 seconds before sinking into the murky water! Oh well I thought pretty minor loss, easily get another lens hood. I casually mentioned it to a friend with a canal boat nearby and thought nothing of it. I got a text a couple of days later, the water had been clearer and it was lying on a swath of coloured leaves, he had seen it and fished it out.

I would be the first to admit I am not the best photographer in Leeds, far from it. Thats fine by me, I am and will most likely always be unpretentious by nature. There was a period, a year or so back when someone would comment, anonymously of course, that they would not have done it like that. At first it wound me up but then I thought, its easy to have a photography website with perhaps as few as 10 photographs showing off your work. I would not be too difficult to find a dozen great photographs and showcase those. That is not what my Leeds photography is about. Its about the days when the weather is just dull and damp rather than dramatic. Its also about everyday life here in the city of Leeds and the surrounding towns and villages so I often feature cats, dogs anything that I might think could be of some interest or not.

The above photograph was taken around a week or so back in Roundhay Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...