Pages

Tuesday 14 March 2023

Steps Woodhouse Moor



Picture of steps on Woodhouse Moor, Leeds.

These steps are on Woodhouse Moor just across from Harrison's almshouses. I walked up them a few days back heading across to the University and as seems normal I was the only person using them. I have more than once pondered these steps, partly because they are more like a staircase but mostly because they do not seem to serve any purpose. I guess that sometime long in the past there was a building here on this bit of Woodhouse Moor, there is nothing now and no indication of what might have been there, just a covering of cinder.

Quite close to this spot is an old cast iron box, not sure what it was used for but I guess it could have been for an electrical supply.

The day I took the above photograph it was pretty miserable, dull and damp too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...