Pages

Friday 12 May 2023

Summer is coming to Yorkshire



Yesterday a good friend rang me and said I should pop round to her garden sometime soon, the frogs are back in her small pond. The photograph I took in her garden in Baildon, not far from Leeds shows a common frog.

On the same day I was out walking around the villages of Harden and Cullingworth when I spotted this butterfly. I only managed one photo of this Small Tortoiseshell (Aglais urticae) before it flew up and over a stone wall. Yesterday was the warmest day here in Yorkshire so far this year.


When I started this photoblog I was not sure I could take enough decent photographs of Leeds and its surroundings to post one photo each day. I now take more photographs each week than I used to in around 6 months. Also I am more visually aware of my surroundings and see things as potential photos for the Leeds photo daily.

Jacob said... Frogs and butterflies - spring must be here. Nice shooting.

March 20, 2009 11:12 PM Lois said... Both pictures are wonderful. I really like the close-up of the frog. He is so cute!

March 21, 2009 2:14 PM Nancy said... Fantastic frog portrait! We used to have many more frogs around - I wonder what happended to them all...

Have a great weekend!

March 21, 2009 9:18 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...