Pages

Saturday 6 May 2023

Cute - But Not in Leeds



Picture of a couple of Alpacas on a farm here in Yorkshire.

I stumbled on these alpacas by chance the other day, I had stopped to get a photo of an old wall post box, when I looked around I noticed what looked like 3 alpacas in a field opposite.

I walked over looking for an entrance to see if I could get a closer look and perhaps some photographs too. The farmer was nice and said help myself, so I did. I have only seen alpacas once before other than in pictures, but these were quite curious and shy and were happy at around 8 feet from me. Which was fine by me, close enough for my lens. Also in the field were some sheep and very free range hens along with a couple of donkeys who thought that 8 inches was far more interesting.

I am not really sure of the village boundaries so these cute alpacas are either in the villages of Eldwick or perhaps Gilstead between Bingley and Baildon. I know exactly where they are in relation to the roads but have no idea what the road they are on is called.

One thing I do know because the farmer told me, one reason he keeps them is that the deter foxes, with his flock of lovely brown hens that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...