Pages

Sunday 23 April 2023

St Oswald's Church - Castle Bolton in Yorkshire Dales



This picture shows the small church of St Oswald's in Castle Bolton in Wensleydale in the Yorkshire dales.

St Oswald's church is adjacent to the 14th century Bolton castle. The church is a small but beautiful and mostly unaltered medieval place of worship.



The above photograph shows the interior of St Oswalds church, Castle bolton.



I saw this notice on the door of the church and smiled inwardly. "Please close the door to stop the swallows flying into the church. They make a great mess".

CathyAug 3, 2009 03:19 AM It's a beautiful church and the sign is priceless.

Reply Nikki BeaumontAug 3, 2009 04:51 AM What an interesting church! And pretty shots of it inside and out. I love that you included the hand-lettered sign! And I am glad that they leave the door unlocked so that people can enjoy the beautiful interior. I am just blown away by the age of this structure and glad that it has obviously been well taken care of.

Reply LoisAug 3, 2009 06:47 AM I'll bet they do make a great mess, but what fun to watch them!

Reply marleyAug 3, 2009 10:01 AM I like the look of this church. The inside is superb without the mess!

Reply Ken MacAug 4, 2009 03:05 PM stunning, the but wide angle gives me vertigo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...