Pages

Sunday 12 March 2023

Expensive Parking in Leeds



Leeds station short stay parking charges sign.

Walking towards the side entrance to Leeds train station today I out of curiosity walked over to the short stay car park just off Aire Street opposite the Princes Exchange office building. I was interested to see what the charges are like.

You can see the sign with the charges on in the photo above and to be fair for parking up to 20 minutes it is a reasonable 50p, up to 40 minutes it jumps to £2. Stay an extra 20 minutes giving you 1 hour and it is £4. After the 1 hour period they mean business because for anywhere between 1 and 2 hours will cost you £12. Overstay the 2 hour point and it is £35 for between 2 - 3 hours.

All the above means I rarely travel into Leeds city centre by car and am quite happy to use the rail service. I realise there are cheaper places to park but for me it still quicker and cheaper to travel in using the local train.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...