Pages

Sunday 19 February 2023

The Great Yorkshire Showdown - Leeds Roller Dolls



Picture of members of Leeds Roller Dolls B Team in a bout at Huddersfield.

Yesterday, Sunday The Leeds Roller Dolls took part in and hosted The Great Yorkshire Showdown.

Teams from Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Lincolnshire, Middlesbourough, Sheffield, Wakefield and our own Leeds Roller Dolls, introducing the New Second Travel Team came together at the Huddersfield Sports Centre.

The Dolls invited me over to see them in action again and I was pleased to be able to say hi.

I knew there was a team in Sheffield because I chatted to a member wearing a Sheffield Steel Rollergirls shirt at the last bout I attended but I had no idea there was a team in Wakefield, the Wakey Wheeled Cats.

The Leeds Roller Dolls may have been fielding their B team, but they were determined to show the other teams they meant business. I think the doll in the above photo shows this!

I will be posting more from the The Great Yorkshire Showdown over the next few days. There were some new faces to me, so excuse the lack of details. Also the lighting at the Huddersfield Sports Centre was horrible, making everything look yellowish, not ideal for reasonable photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...