Pages

Saturday 28 January 2023

Centenary Bridge In The Rain

This picture of Centenary Bridge on the Leeds waterfront is far from the best photo I could have taken. Firstly I would not have photographed whilst it was still raining heavily and worse than that this bridge moves as people walk across it. In daylight the movement would not matter because the shutter speed would be much faster than a night shot allows. This photo was taken from partway across the bridge heading from the Calls towards Brewery Wharf. In the photo can be seen structural engineer Jane (in day glow orange at base of uprights) and her two rope access colleagues (one part way up the bridge upright and one at the top). One of the great things about doing my Leeds Daily Photo is that it gives me an excuse to venture to places I have never been to and to get to talk to people that I do not know. I cannot but admire people who climb bridges at night and in the rain too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...