Pages

Monday 17 April 2023

Yorkshire Day 2011



Today the 1st of August we celebrate Yorkshire Day on this one day each year.

I was in the town of Ilkley and caught some of the events including the one in the above picture a tea party held in the winter gardens. There was tea, Yorkshire parkin and Yorkshire folk to share it with.

The lady on the right in the photo with the little Happy Yorkshire Day flag asked me if I would take their picture. I was given the little pink flag last year by the nice people at Welcome to Yorkshire and I kept it handy for today. The lady at the back was wearing a Yorkshire Tea apron, which I thought was very appropriate.

I will post some more about Yorkshire Day here in Ilkley tomorrow including the launch of the Yorkshire sausage (as someone who is partial to a tasty banger I was interested in this).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...