Pages

Wednesday 19 April 2023

Thank You Google - The Search Engine



Few large industry dominant companies can perhaps be as well thought of by their millions of users and customers as Google the Internet search engine firm.

This picture is a photograph of an office PC user faced with the Google front page.

All of us and especially those under the age of around 25 take Google for granted. Google started life in the garage of Susan Wojcicki, now Vice President of Product Management at Google. Ten years ago Google had 40 employees, today there are around 20,000 and in the meantime Google is the beginning of most peoples daily web experience.

I like Google (the search engine), it is so simple to use and also I think very good at what it does. My Leeds Daily Photo is now 15 months old and my photography is looked at by people from all over the world, partly due to Google. When I was a young man this would have been very unlikely.

Today people from around the globe and especially the English speaking world can find my photography and short articles about life here in Leeds and Yorkshire just a few clicks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...