Pages

Tuesday 18 April 2023

Sea Holly Flower



This picture is of a Sea Holly flower I bought to give to a friend and I could not resist getting a few photos before I handed over the flower to my friend.

Whilst the common name of this plant is the Sea Holly its proper name is Eryngium and that is what the florist called it when I bought it. This Sea Holly plant is a cultivated variety of the native plant found around coastlines in Europe.

My nearby florist keeps some really nice and unusual flowers and the building has a movie connection too, perhaps I will do a post about that sometime.

Steffe said... Not a very common flower in Sweden. It grows on the islands of Gotland and Öland.

APRIL 10, 2010 11:39 AM Claudia said... Beautiful picture!

APRIL 10, 2010 4:48 PM Hilda said... I've never seen it before. So pretty!

APRIL 11, 2010 4:47 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...