Pages

Monday 17 April 2023

Meet Archie the Airedale, Leeds



Picture of Archie an Airedale Terrier on Briggate, Leeds in Yorkshire.

Yesterday there was a meet the police day in Leeds city centre held on Briggate but my picture today is of a civilian dog, Archie.

Archie is an Airedale Terrier and he is 3 years old and of a curious and friendly nature. The Airedale Terrier is a local breed of dog from Airedale not far from Leeds here in Yorkshire. The owner of the Airedale told something I did not know and that was that before the German Shepherd became the dog of choice the Airedale was commonly used as a police dog. As Airedale Terriers go Archie is smaller than some of the larger dogs of the breed.

I choice this frame because it gives an idea of how busy Briggate was on Saturday, as seen from a dogs view.

Lois said... Nice to meet you Archie!

JUNE 13, 2011 12:30 AM RedPat said... I have had 2 Airedales and both of them were wonderful - the most friendly of dogs. I like that Archie is rather scruffy looking rather than groomed to the nines! You made my day with this pic.

JUNE 13, 2011 10:21 PM Winchester Daily Photos said... Sweet looking dog!

JUNE 14, 2011 5:59 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...