Pages

Tuesday 14 March 2023

Renault Twizy



Picture of Renault Twizy on Briggate, Leeds.

Walking along Briggate in Leeds shopping district this afternoon I noticed a small track had been laid out. Renault the French car maker were giving free rides in their new electric car the Twizy.

The Twizy is described as an electric city car (legally clasiffied in Europe as a heavy quadricycle) and has a range of 60 miles with a 3 hour charge period.

I was tempted to have a ride but there were kids queuing and they would have far more fun from this than me. With no road tax I would think this would be quite a popular car for people who perhaps commute across a city.

The young woman driver and demonstrator I spoke to said she had great fun driving it around, I can believe that. As for charging it has a standard UK plug on the end of a coiled cable, so you could charge it up at the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...