Pages

Wednesday 22 February 2023

Old Pub Richmond Hill, Leeds



Picture of Old Pub Richmond Hill, Leeds.

This pub the Fisherman's Hut public house looks to have been closed for some years. It was a dank and damp day when I passed it a few days back. I may be wrong but I think there has only been one day with no rain since the new year started. It has already rained a little first thing this morning. This was one of the reasons I posted some nice summer picture over the last few days. This pub is a short walk down from the Grade I listed church of St Saviour. There is another Anglican church St Hilda nearby which I will post about on another date. I attended a musical event at St Hilda last year and I took some photos of the stained glass windows therein. On the tiles above the corner of the pub building is the date 1929, so I guess that was when it was built. The only thing I know about this rather dilapidated former pub is that it was a Tetley's public house. This old pub is on the corner of Ellerby Lane and Cross Green Lane. It lies just across from the big newish Echo Central flats. I have only visited this area a few times and have not quite worked out where Richmond Hill starts and Cross Green finishes. one thing of note shortly after walking away from the pub I noticed a red kite flying high perhaps 50 yards ahead. I watched it for a few minuted till it flew off into the distance. I have seen these beautiful birds elsewhere around Leeds before but never this close to the city centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...