Pages

Sunday 19 February 2023

A Big Yes For AV in Leeds


Picture of Yes Campaigner for AV vote in Leeds

Whilst in City Square in Leeds city centre I came across someone campaigning for a yes vote for AV in the referendum on Thursday May 5 2011. The referendum is to be a simple majority yes/no question as to whether to replace the current First Past the Post (FPTP) electoral system used in general elections with the Alternative Vote (AV) system. My view on the vote is simple, the Communist Party and the Sun newspaper are both against AV, I think that this tells me all I need to know! The buildings in this picture of a view of City Square Leeds are from left the former Majestic cinema, the former Leeds General Post Office and lastly the much more recent office building No 1 City Square. Directly behind the Yes campaigner is the tall bronze statue of the Black Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...