Pages

Saturday 28 January 2023

High Rise Window Cleaner

Picture of high rise window cleaner on office frontage Leeds. Walking along Park Row through the office district of Leeds I was passing an office building when something caught my eye, there was a man in climbing gear part way up the the inside of the glass wall that is the frontage. This building is at 15-16 Park Row on the East side opposite the lovely old white building that is now the RBS bank. This building where the rope access guy was working has the whole of the frontage with a thick plate glass wall. This wall is similar to the one at the National Media museum in Bradford and keeping it clean brings its own difficulty, you need more than a wet cloth and a bucket. A good head for heights and some good climbing gear would be the first essential on this job. Whenever I see a window cleaner I always think of the George Formby song When I am cleaning windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...