Pages

Saturday 28 January 2023

Hello Sailor

Picture of girl sailor Leeds. Looking through the many frames that I took of the crew of the Ark Royal here in Leeds last Saturday this photograph got my attention. I served in the British military quite a while ago and the times they are a changing. I must add here that I am thoroughly for equality, why not! During my time in the military over the years I met many women in all 3 services and I cannot recall ever seeing one with a fixed bayonet. That said I did once meet the matron of military hospital who I really think did not need one. Although oddly on the day that I took this photo I spoke with a man who has set himself an incredible task, but more of that another day. However because of this man and the charity he is raising both funds and the profile of it I discovered the story of a remarkable woman who has served and indeed is still serving in the British army.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revamped Briggate Shop Leeds

Picture of Topshop Briggate Leeds. Normally I would never feature a chin shop like Topshop on the Leeds Daily Photo but these are ...